Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holly Jolly Favourites

I apologize, this blog post is going to seem all over the place.  Let's be honest, it IS all over the place...  But as Christmas day is in, you count them, 3 DAYS, I thought I'd throw out a little favourites post.  I've just finished my exams and am now in the most cheery mood imaginable.  I just feel like enjoying the holidays and the people I love.  For the first time in a long time... I am relaxed :)  I have even painted my nails for the first time in ages, of course in Christmas colours:


Oh dear, the focus is terrible on that... I apologize.  Someone once told me my fingers are extremely short in comparison with the rest of my hand.  I have to agree.  Don't mind the lipstick swatches.  Which brings up one of my favourites of right now.  Revlon Lip Butters!  These are awesome new lip balm /  lip sticks that I have been obsessed with lately.  They are right in the middle of the two, I would say.  I picked up a few, they're very hard to find right now since they're new and we usually get stuff way after they are out in America, so I'm surprised I could find any at all.



From left to right they are Raspberry Pie, Peach Parfait, and Candy Apple.

Another favourite beauty item lately is a set of perfumes from Tocca.  These are the travel set of three of their most popular fragrances.  I believe the set is called Tocca Eau de Parfum Viaggo, which I think means travel in Italian.  Forgive me if I am wrong.


Included are 15 ml beautiful little glass bottles of Stella, Florence, and Cleopatra.  Each fragrance by Tocca is the namesake of a fabulous woman, which appealed to me highly.  To be truthful, the gorgeous little bottles themselves appealed to me highly as well.  Stella is Italian and smells of blood orange at first but then deepens to a Sandalwoody sort of smell.  Florence is Parisian and to me smells just like gardenia.  It also has a slight jasmine smell.  I find gardenia and honeysuckle smell similar so I would also say this smells of honeysuckle.  Finally, the one I was really excited about was Cleopatra, which of course is named for the Queen of the Nile herself.  If you know what Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely smells like, this is extremely similar.  It has a warm, almost heady scent but I don't find it too old fashioned for me, and I am only 19.

I nearly forgot my most favourite of all favourites.  I would like to introduce everyone to my new companion and dearest friend, Mr. Gordo:


He is a Pillow Pet and I love him :)

I also discovered how to turn the sepia setting on my camera on... , I have only had this camera for two years hahaha.

Minus the laptop on the bed, doesn't this look super old fashiony?  I was thrilled with it!  No, I don't make my bed properly ever.  It has sheets on it and the blankets are all in proper order, that's good enough for me.  Please don't judge.


And finally, to conclude this scatter brained post I wanted to show some updated pictures of my dressing room / closet.  I am thrilled with it.  The goal with this room has always been for it to look like the kind of dressing room Satine would have had in Moulin Rouge.  Victorian and Bohemian.  Also mixed with some crazy Jenn touches.  My brother is a film student and has returned home for Christmas and stumbled upon my decor (since it always changes).  He says I should be a set dresser because not a space is left blank and it's extremely quirky and eccentric.  I'm not sure if that's a compliment... but I'll take it!  I don't like blank space... modern Scandinavian simplistic decorating is my worst nightmare.  Haha.  That'll tell you enough about my taste I suppose.






Since I may not be popping in until after Christmas, I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas or whichever holiday you celebrate.  Even if you don't celebrate any, enjoy the season and the snow that hopefully will come your way if you live somewhere that gets it!  I am in Northern Ontario and we have no snow :(  looks like it may not be a white Christmas but I am certain it will be wonderful nonetheless.

Happy holidays and lots of love,
Jenn

9 comments:

goddessof4 said...

Your dressing room looks divine!!! You have sooo many shoes!!! If only I had more room I would enlarge my collection!!!! My favorite type of photos are in sepia tone. I have a sepia wall of photos on my stairwell!!! Hope your holiday is fabulous!!!!! Blessings Sara

Cameron said...

Oh my gosh, Jen! You are living the dream, girlie!! I love that you get to indulge yourself with all your favorite things, essentially playing at Life....it's a wonderful thing :-D

Have a Merry and Magical Christmas, Sweetheart!

Mademoiselle Angeline said...

Jenn,

All I can say is wow. I love your room. The canopy over the bed is like a mixture of princess and Harry Potter (who can go wrong with that?) and I absolutely love your decor. It is so Victorian and divine. And yes--you do have an enormous shoe collection. But a girl can never have too many shoes, right? Teehee :)

I love your little lipsticks, fragrances, and pillow pet (I have one too--its a zebra with a pink belly that I have not named yet. Any suggestions?) they are so adorable! And since I probably won't be hearing from you for a few days, I hope you enjoy the Christmas season so much and that your every moment is magical.

Merry Christmas Sugarplum! Hope that Santa treats you to a cookie or five :)

xoxo
Jess
A Woodland Fantasy

rachelsmith133 said...

Your dressing room looks wonderful, I love what you've done with it.

The sepia photo of your bedroom is divine, plus your bed looks perfect unmade, like it's just waiting to be crawled into. :-)

Merry Christmas!! xx

Treehugger_31 said...

Wow! I adore your dressing room! How lovely. I think you have inspired me to get off my bum and actually clean/organize/rearrange my bedroom! :)

Jessica said...

Dear J,

Oh I just wanted to say thank you so much for your touching words over at my blog :) I have to say, I feel the same way about my friendship with you through blogging! It still amazes me that we live so far away from each other yet can communicate and share ideas through this medium, which is really the whole idea of this blogging experience, and I am so glad that I met you, if only virtually :)

Your blog makes me smile. I love everything that you post and I look forward to new posts in the future. I am so glad that your holiday spirit is keeping up! We have family coming over in the following week and I too am maintaining a Christmas vibe :) I have sooooo many pictures to share...oh my goodness I shall have to write about 20 blog posts in one to get it all down, and by the end, you will be bored stiff! What should I do? Oh the woes of blogging...teehee :)

Thanks for your many magical visits on A Woodland Fantasy!

xoxo
Jess

lvroftiques said...

Hi Jennifer~!
I've got to agree your sepia bedroom shot is just wonderful! So cosy warm and inviting! And I'm lovin' the shoe shot...I can't get nuff shoes *winks* Vanna

Amie@Itsystitch said...

What a fantastic blog! And I adore Tocca perfumes. Adore. I'm partial to Stella, since that's my daughter's name. ;)

Treehugger_31 said...

By the way, you actually did inspire me to do something with my bedroom! Thank you! I've been putting it off since JUNE. Lol.