Friday, January 27, 2012

I do believe in fairies, I do!

I have this feeling fairies lurk in my garden. 

Once upon a time, when I was in the 11th grade I decided to look out my window at about 1 am.  What did I see but these glowing orbs about the size of soccer ball, they were floating around and zipping all about.  I saw one and then it ducked behind the garden shed, then I saw another weaving at the speed of light through the trees in the forest.

Since that day I have had no doubt that fairies live in the forest behind my lace filled tower (and the rest of my home of course).

My mother thought I had completely lost it when she caught me in a long floral dress once out in the garden talking to the fairies at sunrise on the Summer solstice.  But what am I to do?  Pretend they don't exist?  I've been given a gift, the knowledge of their existence.  I refuse to let them down by ignoring them.

How can one doubt there are fairies when the sky is painted in such lovely hues?  It gives one the impression that anything is possible, and everything magical, fairies, ghosts, witches, goblins, the Loch Ness monster...  THEY'RE ALL REAL!





So I whipped out my art supplies and there it was.  Inspiration :)

I would like to present to you "The Twilight Tea Party"


I feel so blissful and magic filled as I write this post.  

I have set up a wee altar in the dressing room, of course with Cameron's beautiful painting of a gypsy goddess crowning it.


And I have been reading Peter Pan!  Isn't this the loveliest copy imaginable?  I love the boats and moons of course!


I also have won a blog award!  The Leibster blog award was awarded to me by Sara at Goddess of 4.
Thank you Sara!



The Liebster blog award means "dearest" in German and is for bloggers who have less than 200 followers. If you win the award, please please copy and paste the award onto your blog and award it to 5 other people, and let them know with a comment! :)

I award this to:



Blessing to all on this Friday!
Love,
Jenn

8 comments:

Queenie Believe said...

It's ever so good to Believe :o)
Congratulations on your Liebster.
I cant' remember when I read Peter Pan ... Perhaps is time to reread again.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Bobbypin Bandit said...

I believe in fairies, too! I always stumble upon rings of mushrooms when I walk through grassy areas!

I love your tattoo! it's very pretty.

Thanks so much for the award! You're the best!

Jessica said...

Oh Jenn! I am so honored for the award! Thank you so much :) I BELIEVE IN FAIRIES TOO! FAITH, TRUST AND...PIXIE DUST! I love your copy of Peter Pan, it looks so enticing :) And I know that quite a few people are against tattoos, but I find that your moon tattoo is quite beautiful and whimsical. And if it inspires you in everyday life, I think you have every right to make it a permanent part of your body, especially if the moon is significant to your everyday life. (Personally, I love the moon too! It has always been my favorite object of the night sky to fathom :)

I love your painting! I am so glad that you were inspired to do it! (I have been doing a little art myself...I'll get it up hopefully later tonight on my blog :) I have a story to share: When I was in about third grade, and had first gotten my Fairyopolis book, I convinced my entire grade at school that fairies were real. All of my friends and I went around spreading the word, and I filled them in on the aspects of fairies lives and such. To this day, I haven't stopped believing. (I made up rules for the fairies because I didn't know all of them and everyone believed me! HAHA!!!)

I think that believing in fairies (or elves, dwarves, gnomes, etc.) is a major part of the creative process. If you surround yourself with these creatures and these thoughts, you will go far in life :)

Thanks again SOOOOOO much for the award! I cherish it with honor :)

Toodles, lovie!

xoxo Jess

Ariel Anderson said...

I BELIEVE IN FAIRIES TOO!! As well as witches, werewoles, vampires, and of course, elves :) Oh, and dragons, warlocks, dwarves, and narnians!! Believing in fairy tales in a crucial part to being a kid, and i hope that i never lose it.

Your painting is so beautiful! I love the sky, and how the fairies are sitting on mushrooms :) Also, you altar is so cute, and i love that gypsy painting!

Oh, and thank you so muuch for awarding me the blog award! It means so much to me, along with you sweet comments on every thing i post :)

Have a great day!
xoxo,
Ariel

Treehugger_31 said...

I made a fairy shrine in the woods next to my house. Lots of shiny trinkets and such! It's such a magical place! :)

I adore your tattoo...moon and cat...awesome!

Congrats on your award!

Donna Patrice said...

Dearest Jenn,

First of all, congratulations on your Liebster award - and thank you so much for awarding it to my humble little blog! I love to come and read your blog (and I like your new background/look!) Your altar is beautiful, as is your painting - it is so happy! And I LOVE your tattoo! I, too, find the Moon and her cycles very sacred.

I have always believed in fairies and little people, Nessie, forest spirits, water spirits and lots of other wonderful magical beings and otherworlds! In fact, I used to make little fairy houses in the woods around my house and at the beach as a child and leave little presents for them. My Honeypot Cottages are a kind of fairy house, too.

I don't think my children believe as I did and still do, but maybe my 3 grandkids will! =) Perhaps if I share my stories with them, they will never forget the fairies and pass on their beliefs to the next generation. My friends kind of giggle at me - I am, after all, old enough to have grandchildren. =) But I don't care - one believes what one believes, right?

I'm so glad that there are still people in the world who believe!

I also wanted to comment on the books you received for Christmas - I ADORE popup books and have since I was a small child! I have even placed those very books in my Amazon cart, as I MUST have them for my art room! =)

Thank you again, Jenn!

rachelsmith133 said...

I'm another who believes in fairies. When I was little I used to talk to one at the bottom of our garden and if I had nightmares I'd think about her looking out for me and feel so much better.

Thank you so much for my award, it really made me smile. Now to decide who to pass it along too. :-)

lvroftiques said...

Congratulations your your award! And I absolutely love your painting! Love your tattoo also.....I hope the fairies will come visit me! *winks* Vanna