Sunday, March 25, 2012

Paintbrushes and Princesses

What a horrid week!  I'm glad it's over!

...Ok it wasn't that bad.  But if you're wondering why I've not been around, well I wrote 4 essays this week, that's why.  So I had to be strict with myself and say "Self!  No blog visiting, you can see them after you've written your essays!"

And BELIEVE me.  The loveliness you all have been up to tempted me SOOO much to make visits.  But school comes first :(

Oh, weather update by the way!  The snow is GONE!  GONE! GONE!  Never coming back!  SHE'S GONE!

And last week it was in the high 80's here.

But guess what?  Overnight tonight it's meant to go down to ZERO!  No joke!  That's an 85ish degree difference...

On a more artsy note, my dad's lovely girlfriend who I painted the inukshuk painting for last month decided to donate to my starving artist cause.  She used to do folk art herself, but hasn't in years, so she gave me a box of her paintbrushes!


Whoops, bad focus sorry!  


They are pretty old.  I am not sure when she painted, I will have to ask her.  I am assuming it was a while ago.  I have never seen paintbrushes like this before.  They're made of Russian squirrel hair... apologies to any vegetarians.  According to my google search, Russian squirrel hair paint brushes were unable to be traded before the Cold War is over, traditional squirrel hair brushes were made available again.  Isn't that crazy?  They shed a fair bit so they might need a good wash.  

Sigh... only you folks could tolerate my nonsense rambling about paintbrushes.


So, in the most perfect timing imaginable, Orlagh found something to sit atop her shoulders.

I loved all of your suggestions, don't get me wrong, but this was just too bloody perfect.

Who needs a head when you have a magnificent hand crafted crown!?



She might have to share :)


This LOVELY AMAZING INCREDIBLE handmade crown (complete with stars, moons, maps and glitter) was created by the beautiful and splendiferous Jessica at A Woodland Fantasy.

Someone who certainly has not, and will never lose her muchness.

How do I know these things?  This is what I received in our swap!  Needless to say, I was pleased as blooming punch and felt so wonderfully special and warm and fuzzy.







I think everything speaks for itself.  What a magnificently kind, creative, wonderful, sweet, beautiful, phenomenal young lady Miss Jessica is.

Thank you sooo sooo much Little Sis!  I love everything and am thrilled as can be!

If anyone would ever like to do a little art swap with me, all handmade/salvaged from "around" items, just give me a shout at fairy-dust-princess@hotmail.com

The energy from the box this came in was so completely, amazing joyful and youthful and lovely!

Sorry, I am a nut, but whenever I get something from someone I have talked to online for so long, it makes them real to me.  That's an amazing feeling.  It's like pure love.  It makes this little art blogging community seem like a real home.

Stop me before I get annoying.

Anyway beautiful, stunning people!

I'm off and hopefully will be more involved this week,

Lots of love,
Jenn

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Jenn I am so glad that you enjoyed my little package! I have not had time to photograph the lovely parcel you sent me but I will get around to it very soon and post it on my blog to properly illustrate how much I enjoy it :) I am so thankful to you for your time and I definitely think that our swap makes a truly wonderful treat. I feel all warm and fuzzy now! You are amazing :)))

(Whoa, triple chinned smiley face! That guy is eating WAY too many nachos!!)

Haha I am glad that your essays are done (seriously, everybody hates them, why must they be forced upon us?) and hopefully you can now enjoy your life!!! Those paintbrushes look extra special! Are they good to work with? Have you tried them yet? So exciting!

Well, girly, I must fly away to study-land, but I will be back from that horrid place soon to pay you another visit :) Just in case you were wondering "What the heck has she been doing, not posting my package on her blog?? Did she not make it back from Neverland or something?? Get your act together, woman!" I assure you that I am SUPER DUPER grateful to you and that I shall have them posted shortly. Haha!

Well, enough of my rambling. Have a wonderful rest of your week! (I almost typed "and may the odds be ever in your favor" but then I realized that wouldn't make sense at all. Sorry, you'll have to forgive me. I am a little Hunger Games crazy right now after having seen the movie two days in a row.) And before anyone says anything yes I did read the books (about 3 times, actually) so don't get angry with me for being a super fan! I have read the books!!

Until next time,

xoxo Jess

Cameron said...

You and Jess are just 2 little sweet peas in a pod :)

Trades are wonderful...trades from true Blog friends are even better!!!

So glad to have you back, though school does come first, tis a fact....
I hope you'll be able to try those brushes out soon! We are the perfect group to ramble on about brushes to.....we are just crazy, kooky, creatively cool like that :)

Prudence Puddleduck said...

yes you were missed! I too was pulled away to a very severe place and very happy to have clawed my way back...la,la,la, Ramble on sweet Jen, paint brushes, ect..is magical music to our ears...PS those brushes look amazing, quality like that doesnt exsist anymore...lucky duck...♥Debi

Melanie Statnick said...

I too wondered where you went.I enjoy your rambles..LOL I sent you a little e-mail! What a beautiful gift, how wonderful for you thank you for sharing. Hugs Friend!!

Bobbypin Bandit said...

As a college instructor I must commend you on your dedication to your studies. Good job! You get a gold star from me!

How strange that the weather went from 85 to 0! We had a kinda of odd spell like that here in New Mexico, as well. It's warm again, though, and that makes me happy!

Those paint brushes are awesome! I love the box they are in. It's so interesting to hear about things that were and weren't sold during and after war time. My grandmother always tells me stories about how she used to crochet her own fishnet stockings during World War II because it wasn't something they could get then.

The items you received in your swap look fantastic! That grown is super deluxe!

Rachel said...

Those paintbrushes look wonderful, I hope you have lots of fun painting with them.

Ahhhh what a lovely package from Jess, a perfect crown for Orlagh and wishes for you.

Hope your having a better week.

Rachel x

Treehugger_31 said...

So glad you're back! :)
Enjoy your new brushes...can't wait to see what you create with them!

Queenie Believe said...

What wonderful treasure!!! Jessica is such a sweetie-pie!
Have a really great day.
Always, Queenie
P.S. Thank you for stopping by Queenie's wee blog and your lovely comments. You're a sweetie-pie too!!!

Lidiya said...

The crown is amazing <3
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.co.uk/