Thursday, June 28, 2012

We're All Mad Here

Bonjourno my fabulous friends,

It's taken me a flipping age to find my way here.

To this place of wonderment and enchantment.

You see, I resigned this week, due to getting a massively huge new job. 

I love the little munchkins, but child care has got to be one of the most thankless jobs imaginable.

But I've been scurrying on all fours, running through the forest to get to this world.

Not to mention my Mad Tea Party location has been fenced up!  They just don't want me there!

But you see, there was a song coming from that old enchanted forest behind our home again.  Beckoning me, calling me.

I followed, dutifully :)


Which path to take?  Left or right?  Hmmm, seems like a metaphor for daily life.


The dark, tree laden left?


The bright path on the right with the dead oak tree?

The siren call from the trees leads me this way.              



What's this?  A clue.  It's a massive pocket watch, with willy nilly numbers!


Up ahead in a tree, another clue!  It looks like an old Victorian photograph.


A young girl!  Could her name be Alice perhaps...?


In a tree straight across there's a Victorian card...


Aha!  I see what's going on now!  This is my invitation to the Mad Tea Party!  They really are mad here!  You know how I know?  The invite is even wrong!  Everyone KNOWS the Mad Tea Party is on July 28th, not July 29th ;)!


This photograph above will be the location for the Mad Tea Party!  Amongst the pink flowery fields.

I even made a little something special for all of you :)

Here is a video of the location itself:



Of course, this is an annual event hosted by the hostess with mostest, Vanessa at A Fanciful Twist.


I'm soooo excited!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

...but but but you didn't say what your massively huge new job was and now I'm on tenterhooks, which means I'll have to remain like that until you come back and reveal all!

Oooo the location for your teaparty looks wonderful, can't wait!!

Prudence Puddleduck said...

Nicely done little pixie gal. Yes there will always be 2 path's what fun and adventure choosing...♥Debi

Donna Patrice said...

Sooooo....what is the huge new job??? You MUST share!

I enjoyed your little video of where you will be having your tea party. It looks like a perfect, lovely spot.

I keep wanting to do videos, but have not been brave enough. I must say you inspire me (in so many ways - I've been working on some painting ideas, too)! =)

I am excited about the tea party, but I have not RSVP'd yet. I had begun to prepare for it, but other things have come up and I may just end up visiting all the parties this year rather than participating...but we shall see. Anyway, I'm excited for it either way! =) Take care!

Bobbypin Bandit said...

What a gorgeous clearing you have found for the tea party!

Like you, I have been busy, too. I am hoping I can get back to normal around here this coming week.

I am super excited for the Mad Tea Party because I'll be here to help my sister with the festivities!

Adam said...

Great setting for the mad tea party

Treehugger_31 said...

Congrats on your new job! :) Love the photos!

Jessica said...

Love this post, Jenn! Just dandy! Can't wait to see what you've concocted for the maddest event of the year! xx

Melanie Statnick said...

I too will have a party. I had one lasy year also. I like your video, full of mistery

A Magical Whimsy said...

I love your 'pre-Mad Tea Party' madness! You are definitely whetting my appetite for more goodies!
Love the area you are using for the tea party and the music is heavenly on your video!
You must go to you tube and listen to my oldest son's piano music he composed for my brother Troy Howell's book 'The Dragon of Cripple Creek'...there is also a short clip video of an introduction to 'The Dragon of Cripple Creek' with Kat(the main girl/character in the book) being interviewed by the news media (all fictional of course!) on the same you tube site/page. All my brother needs to do is get a movie producer to become interested in it and run with it!
I am joining in on the fun for the Mad Tea Party too! I wouldn't miss it for, well...for Wonderland!
hugs
Miss Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

Sara {Snövits äpple} said...

What a magical tea party that will be. I love how there are all kinds of different objects in nature- nthe world is truly magical