Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I'm Back!

Ohhhh hello lovelies!

It feels so good to be saying that.  I've been trying for weeks to get back here.  I can't believe I was gone so long!  Some hiatus eh?

Every time I'd go to write, or email someone, or comment on a post, something would hold me back.  I wasn't ready yet.  I wanted to wait until I was absolutely sure that I could come back.

The very truest truth is that this little birdie had a torrential downpour of nastiness in her life.  As you already know, a very dear family member was in the hospital.   She has been discharged now and is doing well.  Some extremely nasty, unrelated heartbreak kept me away from this place as well.  I'm afraid I might not want to leave it again.  Look what happens when I leave!

I'm going to be stopping by and making visits to most of you tonight (I say most because I am HOPING I won't leave anyone out, if i do I'm really sorry I didn't do it on purpose!).  I've missed your goings on so much!  Every time I catch a peek of some of these art happenings it breaks my heart that I've been gone so long.

I haven't completely neglected whimsy land, that would be impossible.  You all know once the Halloween treats started coming out in the stores I was all over that.



Gaining new friends, like Mr. Rhino here:


 Baby Lola :)  She belongs to my aunt.  An 8 week old Bichon.


Yes, I've been inked AGAIN.  The tattooed lady they'll be calling me.  You all knew about the cat and moon, but the quote is new.  Bonus points for who can find it's origin.


I also had a brief bout as a redhead!


I loved it but alas, it was not meant to be.  Compulsive me noted how light I could get my hair and thought "Hey, why don't I just get it blonde again?".  BIG MISTAKE.  I'm sure most smart people realize this, but over bleaching your hair = mush.  Literal mush.  Coming out in the shower, not even real hair anymore.  Ugh.  Needless to say it's dark brown again, and I won't do that again.  The damage was not devastating THANK GOD!  Haha.


As of now, I'm just enjoying fall, admiring the yellow leaves through my window.  Learning to be myself again.  Learning to incorporate the new me with the old me without one of them hating the other, any advice on that?  Did it even make sense?


Oh but in delightful news, guess what I'll be doing?



That's right!  Missing the Mad Tea Party broke my heart but alas, Halloween is more my thing anyway ;)

Blessings and love to you all, and thanks so much for sticking with me through this rough time.  I'll be seeing all of you soon!

Love,

Jenn



15 comments:

A Magical Whimsy said...

Hi, Jenn
So happy to see you are back! Thank you for stopping by! Yes, I plan on making some of those doll rooms/theaters are my favorite. Have you ever been to Castles, Crowns and Cottalges blogspot? I adore what Anita has in her Etsy shop and have her Etsy link on my sidebar. But the deep thoughts she shares on her blog are simple but complete and she somehow finds the most BEAUTIFUL IMAGES FROM Via and Pinterest. I swoon every time I go to her blog.
I so want to do Vanessa's Halloween party but I have been terribly busy with family and life in general. So glad your family member is out of the hospital. My oldest son was in the hospital (3 days)with West Nile Viral Meningitis (not contagious) but that was four weeks ago and he still says he 'feels' like he was hit by a truck, a very severe case of it.
I kind of liked you with the red hair...your heritage. Me too. But my hair was jet black (from the Black Irish) fair, fair skin and dark,dark hair and loads of freckles growing up!
Take care and love to you too!
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhismy.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

OMG JENN I'M SO HAPPY YOU'RE BACK!!!! I have missed your posts so much, and I'm glad you could find your way back to this wonderful little outlet known as the blogosphere! And aren't you excited to be a part of A Fanciful Twist's Halloween party?? I know I am! I can't wait to see what you manage, seeing as Halloween is your specialty :)

So the sight of you in that sweatshirt makes me turn green with envy! It is 101 degrees here today. Will be in the 100s for the rest of the week. Flapdoodling California. I'm moving to Alaska.

Anyway...I know where the quote came from! (Which is lovely, by the way! I love the cat and the moon, and the quote is just icing on the cake!) Is it Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Am I right? Do I get bonus points?

(If I'm wrong...well, that's embarrassing. *Hides face in shame*.) ^~^!!!

I'm so sorry about your hair fiasco! You do make a very beautiful redhead, let me tell ya! And it's always fun to experiment :)

I love your new room additions, as well! So awesome! The rhino? Fantastic! Where ever did you find him?? And the little puppy is soooo cute!

Again, I'm so glad you're back :) We shall have to email/skype soon! (School is so crazy I don't even know where to begin...you?)

Hugs and hexes, my dear!!!!

lvroftiques said...

Hi Jennifer!
Awww geeze I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm glad your family member is doing much better. It's been a tough one over here as well with my being a "dizzy blond" and my sister almost dying from pneumonia. *sighs* Thankfully we're all going on, and hopefully healthfully for a good long time to come.
Love you hair in red! But I hear ya about the bleaching. I once bleached my hair until it felt like straw (literally) It took forevs to grow out.... so never again!
You know if I had been asked to choose which one was your favorite over at my place I would've known in a second that the Victorian velvet would be yours *winks* It has YOU written all over it! Lol! Glad we're both back! Vanna

Prudence Puddleduck said...

The journey is full of twists and turns Miss Jenn, dont dispair, march straight and true to finding YOu...it may take a lifetime, but what fun! I know Hallo Tales would bring you out...happy to see you, I will visit sooooon...♥Debi

Treehugger_31 said...

So glad to see you back! I love your new tat! Little Lola is just adorable. I have a little Lola too: my chihuahua!
Welcome back! :) You were missed.

Melanie Statnick said...

Good to see you blogging again Jen. Thanks for stopping by Rabbit hole and makinga visit to my FB now and then . I appreciate your support. Happy thinga are looking up for you. be a Brave Girl and show those Journal pages. I'd love to see them.
Take care sweetheart. :)

Cameron said...

JENN!!

I've missed you so! I'm happy to have you back here in Blogland...and ready to join the party, no less!

That red hair was fabulous...but what a pain, eh? I've abandoned all hope of being a red head until I'm completely gray....of course, by then, I may just be a pink haired lady and call myself Cotton Candy Head ;)

Your tattoo addition is beautiful. I've been thinking of getting a new one (or altering an old one)for my 40th Bday next April....I love that yours is a place you can see and appreciate everyday.

Now that you have re-emerged, we must Skype again....I want to hear what has been going on in your witchy head and heart....

Biggest hugs,
Cam

Rosebud said...

Hi ~
I found your blog a little while ago and was just swept away by your enchantment.
Lovely spot on the web ~ glad all is well. I look forward to future posts!
P.S. Love your tattoo ~ I'm 51 and have two tattoos, looking for just the right one for my third.

Anne said...

Hello,Jenn,dear! I've come to your lovely blog from Vanessa's Halloween Party blog roll...
It's so nice to "meet" you! ♥♥
I'm looking forward to the celebration! (Now following you, as well!)
Hugs,
Anne

Heather said...

Hello and welcome back! I'm so sorry you've had a rough time. I hope all that is over and there's only happiness ahead now!
Your red hair looked fabulous, but I know how it is to mess with your hair until its a mess! Glad you were able to save it :)
Happy autumn to you!~

Anne said...

Thank you so much for visiting, Jenn...see you soon!
Hugs,
Anne

Sara {Snövits äpple} said...

Dear Jennifer, I´m so glad to have found you and your blog. I agree, we have so much in common you and I! Fairytales, Pre-Raphaelites, things a bit magical, vintage... etc etc Your home looks magical. I´m very lucky to live (relatively) close to a city such as London so that I can go to Pre-Raphaelite exhibitions and so. I´m glad you like my knitted sweater, thank you, my mother knitted it. I will tell her that you like it, she will be very proud :) *hugs*

Rachel said...

Hey Jenn

It's great to have you back, I'm pleased that things are looking up for you again and your family member is out of the hospital.

The Simple Things magazine is a UK one but I think you can order it internationally. I've just got the second one and it's full of autumnal loveliness! :-)

Queenie Believe said...

Yaaaaayyyyy and Huraaaaayyyyyy!!! You're back! I'm so pleased :o) Admittedly, I have not been as timely as I would like posting to my blog and making my rounds hither and tither through blogland. Life happens, as it were. You have been in my thoughts, sending happiness and positiveness your way.
I think I like your brunette hair color better than the red. But hey, everyone should be a red head at least once :o)
Looking forward to your Halloween party post!
Take very good care and have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Bobbypin Bandit said...

You're back!!! Hooray!

I am glad your family member is recovering and feeling better. I am sorry about your heartbreak, but I am glad you kept trucking.

Your red hair looks sexy! I have always wanted to go red, but keep chickening out.

I can't really offer any advice about how to deal with the changes that growing up comes with, except for the fact that dealing with change, however challenging it might be, always leads to growth.

Glad to have you back and I look forward to see what you have coming up!