Monday, December 10, 2012

Snow Is Falling {New Art and Snow!}

Hi Friends!

The holiday season has truly arrived, along with bushels and buckets and mountains of snow.

What a time to sit in a tiny little studio with shelves of paint and dream awayyyy.

This is Georgette and Benoit, on a Christmas Eve stroll to Midnight Mass.

The Northern Lights (something we see quite frequently here in Northern Ontario) are making reflections on the snow drifts.


The sky is filled with twinkling stars and snowflakes.


The piece is painted on wood with silver and gold trim, using acrylic paint and oil pastel.

                            




I'd also like you to meet Brigitte, our antique dolly.  



A forgotten toy from the Darlin children's nursery.


Une petite poupee Francaise.





Oh also, I forgot the most important bit.  It snowed, it snowed, it snowed last nighttttt!







What a Winter Wonderland!

Lots of love,

Jenn

5 comments:

Cameron said...

All that snow makes me shiver....brrrrrr!! Now I can see why you want to Skype....haha! It looks beautiful from my cozy spot on the other side of the screen!

So nice to see you using the excuse to paint and play away!!

See you Thursday :)

lvroftiques said...

Ahhhhh I love your paintings Jenn!
And how perfect is that snow for Christmas?! It looks like a winter wonderland!....We've got rain rain rain here in the Pacific Northwest. If only the temps would fall about 10 degrees....*fingers crossed* Vanna

Jessica said...

Ah snow! What a lovely sight. And your paintings are wonderful! Ever so inspiring!

Heather said...

Oh goodness! Look at that snow! I'm sure it makes for a perfect atmosphere to curl up indoors and paint! These two pieces you've shown are very sweet! I can tell you're inspired!~

Rachel said...

Yay snow! You lucky, lucky thing. :-)

I love your new paintings. The little snowman peeking out from behind Georgette and Benoit made me smile.