Friday, November 29, 2013

Cressida and the Christmas Pudding

Hi friends!

I do hope all of my American friends had a lovely Thanksgiving.

I have been so very organized getting everything done so I will be able to relax during December!

Some winter cleaning, finishing up assignments, wrapping gifts (my shopping has been done since October haha!)

We just threw away two big huge boxes of old Christmas junk.  I'm an organizing freak and my mom doesn't care as much about it.  When we put up the decorations this year I made sure we got rid of all the junk from Christmas pasts.


I have decorated my altar with lights and a tree.  I have two in my room alone!



I have created a new primitive folk art piece for Yule and Christmas, based on English Christmas desserts and sweet cooking ladies.

'Cressida and the Christmas Pudding'





Cressida is available in my Etsy shop!

Clickable link below and in the left sidebar for primitive art treats, tarot readings and magic spells!


Hope everyone is having a lovely holiday season, and the snow fairies are visiting many of you!

Much love and brightest blessings,
Jennifer



10 comments:

Andi's English Attic said...

The only Christmas ornaments I've ever been able to give away were some awful Barbie-pink beads that my SiL gave me. (She really doesn't know me!)xx

Shell said...

Wow, you altar is wonderful. Love the tree on it. Gives it that true Christmas feeling.

Rhissanna said...

Hooray for Christmas Pudding. Last Sunday was Stir-Up Sunday, which is supposed to be the day to make a Christmas pudding. I'm late making mine. I used to try and buy them, to make sure I had one here in the USA, but honestly, it's easier to make one.

I love your altars!

Ms Misantropia said...

Every year when I pull out the bags of Jul stuff I am tired of my old "junk" too - even though it's all perfectly good stuff. Donating it to charities or having a blog giveaway is a good way to free up some space for new exciting stuff :)

Prudence said...

The snow Faeries are over doing it! This old crone, has wore wool socks for all but 2 weeks this year! I watch Jim Carey in Scrooge, yesterday and I am starting to see the resemblance in MY mirror ! Lololol
But down the gripe water, old crone and turn into magical Nana!
Visiting you always cheers me up! xoxoDebi

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

She is very cute! I love your Christmas altar too! It is very beautiful!

Queenie Believe said...

Since October, wow, you are organized. As of yesterday, I think I'm all done with the shopping, just need to do the wrapping and shipping bit.
Cressida is a lovely yule painting a reminder that the holidays should also be about bliss. Thanks for your visits to Queenie's wee blog and wonderful comments, I so look forward to them.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Rachel Gallagher said...

Yummy Christmas pudding! :-)

I've been really disorganised this year and haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet. I'm supposed to be doing some of it on the computer this evening but seem to have gotten distracted catching up on blogs instead.

Joyfully Donna said...

Your little tree is precious! And I SO love Cressida! I think she is my favorite of your paintings so far. I have not shopped for a single thing yet - so unlike me! Every year I think I am going to make stuff for gifts (I used to make stuff every year), but the past few years I've just not been able to get myself together enough to do so. However, I HAVE started decorating! =)

A Magical Whimsy said...

Hello, Jenn
Thank you for the Holiday wishes to everyone who visits your blog.

I always love coming here for the cozy ambiance you create.

It may actually snow where I live tonight! It hasn't snowed here for ten years. But it has been in the low temperatures in the evenings and the clouds are rolling in. I am glad it is choosing to snow on a weekend and not a week day.

Bright blessings to you too!
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/