Thursday, December 12, 2013

Crystals and Fairy Glitter

Dearest sparkly, fanciful friends,

How have you been?  Has the holiday season been crazy for you or relaxing?

I have to admit, having done my Christmas shopping, wrapping, and all other work VERY early this year, it is time for me to relax.

I love the Yuletide time and want to be able to luxuriate and bask in every shimmering and cozy moment of it.

I am sharing my little tree next to my work desk that is covered in monochrome teddies and snowmen.  Mickey and Minnie just seem like a cozy, child-like, Christmassy pair to be sitting underneath the tree.



I've been indulging myself in a little bit of crystal collecting.  I have so many recent orders I've been waiting and waiting to blog about, but the mail is slow due to the holiday rush I'd imagine!  I have several large specimens sitting on my fortune telling desk, a lapis lazuli, amethyst, quartz crystal and citrine!  Along with a beautiful polished stone from the magical tidal Bay of Fundy.


I wanted a gorgeous place to store some of my smaller stones, so I got to painting and created this circus fortune teller themed pastel box.


Sometimes it is so fun to create something that you know is just for yourself, you can take any liberties you wish and make something perfectly you.  Shades of mint, buttercream yellow and seashell pink with iridescent sparkles.


While melting deliciously scented candy cane wax melts in this beautiful butterfly warmer!


Tell me what is your favourite festive scent?  Candles, pot pourri, oils, wax melts, body products?

I'm loving Twisted Peppermint by Bath and Body Works this month!

Brightest blessings friends,
Jennifer



6 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

I'm a scented candle girl all the way, and I love the spicy and sweet blends of Christmas - Cinnamon, saffron, cardamom, allspice, nutmeg, ginger...

Queenie Believe said...

Queenie's rather an ala natural when it comes to scents. I love the smell of pure bee's wax candles and their colors are a wonderful golden richness. So glad you Yule is going well and well enjoyed!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It's all so pretty with just the right amount of sparkle. I love those pillows on the bed!

I like how you prepared a special box for the special stones. My daughter has a collection and a special box would make them all the more special.

Which one is the Bay of Fundy stone? My father use to work in St. John, New Brunswick, and he rented a cottage in St. George on the Bay of Fundy. I remember the couple of summers we spent there. We could walk out to the island. That's when children could roam free.

Prudence said...

Your retreat is magical! I love the shi ey pillows on your bed as well! Minnie & Mickey! Awe, never lose your whimsy ! promise! xoDebi

A Magical Whimsy said...

Hi! Jennifer
The Teddy Bears and Snowmen on your tree are adorable! And the coverlet/bedspread is divine! I also like the palmistry hand. Which do you usually read in palmistry, the right hand or the left hand? I have heard the left hand is what you are born with, and the right hand is what you do with your life. I really don't know much about palm reading but it does fascinate me for sure! I am sure you know lots about those kind of readings.
Have a lovely Holiday Season!
Your room is bright with magic!
hugs and love,
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

Shell said...

Your magical box for your crystals is beautiful. Your bedroom shines with prettiness and magick.