Friday, January 10, 2014

The Goblin Mine Woodland

Dearest friends,

Let me tell you a tale.

I live in a wee house with a forest in my back garden.

At night there are many noises, birds, rabbits, woodland creatures, but something else as well!

The sound of mines, hammers, marching, mining songs, chipping away at rocks to uncover treasures buried long ago, and gold, silver and crystals!

This mine is not employed with men, but goblins!

I'm sure you've heard of goblin mines in tales from your childhood?

The Princess and the Goblin, The Hobbit!

This woodland is quite special as the Northern Lights carnival visits throughout the cold, dark, winter nights; and the Midsummer Festival spurs the fairies to come out and play.

All Hallow's Eve encourages the spooks to come out of hiding and make their visits with their Jack O' Lanterns!


The Mine Goblins

Mermaids swim in the streams and ponds of the woodland, with crystal clear waters.  Will' O the Wisps haunt the creeks and marshes.

German Kobold sprites frequent the caves and mines!


Garfield of the Moon Sparkles, a blue goblin carrying out from the mine a piece of gold in the shape of a moon and a gorgeous rough piece of aquamarine.


Hercules of the Key Holders, a teal goblin, holds the key to one of the spookier parts of the mine, riddled with webs and sparkling spiders!


Emmalina the Crystal Keeper, a shimmering pink goblin is in charge of identifying and organizing the crystal findings in the mine.  She is covered in pink chunky glitter and carries a small piece of rough amethyst.


Endora the forest spook is one of the spooks that love Halloween and carries a shimmering Jack' O Lantern to light her way through the woodland paths and caves.



Sweetheart Mushrooms are some of the varying and whimsical wild flora that grows outside the mines entrance.


I hope you enjoyed my first little batch of goblins, spooks and fairy flora!

There will be more to come I am sure!

This collection was inspired by my love of sweet candy colours, glitter, woodland legends, Earth's treasures in the form of gemstones, and living a mile away from an actual working mine behind the forest past my back garden.

Blessings,
Jennifer

P.S. These aren't in my Etsy shop just yet as I'm not quite sure how to safely ship them.  If you're interested or have a specific idea you'd like me to create, don't hesitate to give me a shout!


13 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

These are adorable, but the first thing I thought when I saw them were how great they would be as salt & pepper shakers..!

I always had the feeling you lived in a flat, but now I hear that you live like I do - in a house on the outskirts of a forest - or was that just part of the fairytale?

Prudence said...

Oh my ! Beautiful sculptures! I do love your story that goes with each special one! Yes they look very yummy! Do not be tempted though! xoDebi

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Adorable! I love the colors and the expressions!

Dena Miller said...

Jennifer, you are talented and creative! I love your story and the adorable little figures you have created♥
xoxo,
Dena

Jo said...

So adorable and love the colors!

Shell said...

They are such sweet and kind looking Goblins. I adore them.

Rachel Gallagher said...

Gorgeous! I love their cute little faces.

Beautiful Jen, so full of fairy tales and imagination.

Laura said...

Oh they are soooo cute! I just love them!
blessings
~*~

Sara ~Snövits äpple~ said...

These are just gorgeous. And I´m like you- I think about goblins and creatures like that a lot too. I wish we lived in the same town, then we could make crafts and go on goblin adventures together.
Snd the Night Circus- yes I think it is such a magical book!! How nice that you like Dion Fortune too. What of Dion Fortunes writings have you read? Much love xx

Joyfully Donna said...

Jen, these are PRECIOUS! I love the colors and their sweet little faces! I've been wanting to play around with clay for a while - you inspire me (as usual). xo

Jo said...

I sent you a direct message on instagram, found something you may like! :-)

Sara ~Snövits äpple~ said...

Dear Jenniifer! I promise I will show much more photos very soon of my home:) And I totally agree about uninspiring environments. I do think that people who create uninspired environments such as your school library, totally lack the "aesthetic touch". It´s so sad when one thinks about all the beauty of the past andthen compare it to the aesthetics of today. Therefore we have to create our own little beautiful worlds, just as you and I are doing.
Much love XX

A Magical Whimsy said...

Your sweet goblins and mushrooms are so cool! I love the colors! Yup! I grew up reading most all of George McDonald's tales...He is one of my most favorite authors of fairy tales.
I like 'The Golden Key' too, also one of my favorites he wrote. And 'The Light Princess'. I love those kinds of fairy tales. And of course 'The Hobbit' I have read countless times and I love the elves the most!