Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sweet, Fresh, Pink and Yellow Spaces

Hello friends!

My apologies for being missing from your sweet blogs comment sections for a week or so.  

I have been spring cleaning.  I know it's not spring yet but February 2nd or so and Candlemas mark the beginning of the light season emerging in my heart!

It just feels like a time to freshen things up.

So I cleaned.  And painted.  And brought a dozen bags to the thrift shop, abandoned about 10 pieces of broken furniture at the end of the driveway for garbage collectors, and made one big huge shopping trip to Target for new, tough closet pieces!

The Bedroom


Oh my goodness that is some hot pink!  I really wanted a pink - purple in between colour, darker and more fortune teller than that baby pink that had been on my walls since I was 17.


I am so in love with my clear desk space!


Tiny space for an altar and my horoscope wall hanging!


The new studio!  So much tidier :)


The paint in this room was REALLY REALLY dinged up.  I spent hours spackling all the teeny tiny holes I'd made hanging up different things on my walls.  My old headboard wasn't attached to my bed base and would slide down and mark the heck out of the walls.


I did everything myself (for the most part, mama helped wash the walls and love helped touch up my slightly-messy-in-spots paint job) and boy is painting hard work?!  My arms are still so sore!

The Dressing Room


This space was sooo sooo cluttered.  It's such a tiny room it needed less furniture and heavy drapery and more airiness and spaciousness.


My dresser is the neatest I've ever seen it!


Shoe storage :)


My favourite part, my new closet system.  So organized and no stress!

Hope you all enjoyed my spaces, this was sooo much work especially during the university year but it was so worth it!  I promise not to let the treasures take over my life again!


12 comments:

Prudence said...

Miss Inspiration! Love the purple/pink! That must look amazing at night with all your twinkle lighting!
Now I want to through stuff OUT! and paint Happy!
You have brightened up this dingy day! xoDebi

A Magical Whimsy said...

I LUV hot pink! Your room looks fantastic. I have also been in the midst of down-sizing 'stuff' I just don't use or need anymore...slowly but surely I am getting rid of junk.
You are a very special gal and you sparkle!!!
XO
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I LOVE it!!! It reminds me of a deep raspberry sherbet. It's daring.

I also love your dressing room. It's so interesting: the patterns, the colors, the textures, the gold...

Rhissanna said...

I love the colour,like smushed raspberries, full of sweetness and wickedness. It makes the room glow. And I really want to come and play dressing-up in your dressing room. I'll bring tea and profiteroles!

Nadine A. said...

Wow everything looks great! You did a great job and I love all the little trinkets that pull everything together.

Ms Misantropia said...

My, that really is some hot pink :) Pink is not my thing but I do appreciate the use of strong colors and truly personalizing one's own space.
And I enjoy seeing closet organization posts, I'm always trying to figure out my own.

Sara ~Snövits äpple~ said...

I know the feeling Jennifer, it feels so good to let things go, to give away things. Your home is the most magical. I think it would be so enjoyable if you had a doll house too! What you could do is to find a cheap cupboard in a thrift shop and make it into a dolls house! XXX

Sara ~Snövits äpple~ said...

I know the feeling Jennifer, it feels so good to let things go, to give away things. Your home is the most magical. I think it would be so enjoyable if you had a doll house too! What you could do is to find a cheap cupboard in a thrift shop and make it into a dolls house! XXX

Rachel Gallagher said...

Wow! Your room looks amazing, at first I was worried that you were changing your beautiful magical space but it's still beautiful and still magical. :-)

Shell said...

Your new space is lovely. I like all the pink and your new storage space. Getting ready for Spring and welcome a fresh air into your home is always a good thing.

Jo said...

Everything looks fabulous!

Sara ~Snövits äpple~ said...

And thank you so much for your comment about the dream catcher I made, it makes me really really happy. Much love