Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Witchify Your Spaces

Hello friends!

I've been thinking a lot about witchy decorating.  Specifically decorating for witches, wiccans, pagans, Halloween enthusiasts, fortune tellers :P

Sounds silly I know but this is something that occupies my mindspace a good amount of time!

I remember when I was 13 and I redecorated my room to my tastes for the first time.  I was inspired by Halloweentown, the Disney Halloween special, and Agatha Cromwell's room.  I don't think it actually looked anything like this, but aren't these pictures a dream?  So Moroccan looking!



Inspiration for what "witchy" decor is has changed.  I do love the forest and the woodsy theme I've discovered through so many beautiful blogs and tumblrs.  The castle schools found in the Worst Witch and Harry Potter:



The Victorian charm of the Owen's house in Practical Magic:


I've read blogs and listened to podcasts that say thrift stores and home decorating stores are the best places to look around Halloween especially!

But lately I've discovered a Dutch film by Walt Disney called "Fuchsia the Mini-Witch".


The school house is a dream!  Posters of runes on the walls, sweet woodsy decor!


The wizard's house is extra cute, patchwork, wood, bookshelves.  Love his starry cloak!

I like this magical look the best ;)

I try to add in a bit of everything in my own space, candles, Moroccan and Eastern influences, flowers and plants, different coloured furniture, lace, Victorian influences, with just a dash of Stevie Nicks!


Hope everyone is having a lovely day!

Blessings,
Jennifer









17 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Your new bedroom design is very pretty. I love the canopy and the chandelier and the way the light hits them. It's a little bit boho and a little bit gypsy too.

Another style that might interest you is bohemian or as my daughter calls it "boho" and steampunk ( Tim Burton does that well on his sets.)

The inspiration images are neat too. That Disney movie looks so cute! I also like that English cottage look, and I love the shabby white room. xoxo♡

Prudence said...

If my room felt that yours, I would never leave! Hudson Bay blanket Perfect! Like you! I love anything that twinkles! xoxoDebi

Bona Dea said...

I´m so very inspired by magic when it comes to decor as well! ... actully A´m always inspired by it with everything x'3

Heather said...

I LOVED the Worst Witch movie as a kid ( in fact, I finally found it on dvd a couple of years ago and had to have it!) I agree, that school was the coolest. Also LOVED the house in Practical Magic. All wonderfully decorated!

Dena Miller said...

Jennifer,
Your room is so dreamy!!! I adore your witchy decor!!! You have great taste my friend! As always, love to read your blog posts!
Much Love,
♥♥♥
Dena

Ms Misantropia said...

I am right there with you! Bohemian, gypsy, Moroccan/Indian style - all my favorites. I've been thinking a while now about sharing some pictures of my bedroom, but it has felt too personal. I might have to change my mind...

goddessof4 said...

My dream house is the house from Practical magic.That is also my favorite movie!!!! I love all things magical!!!!! blessings,Sara

A Magical Whimsy said...

I could definitely live in the Owens house...a bit spooky but such wonderful ambiance for the supernatural... I would keep a lot of cats around me for protection as they seem to have a sixth sense for the paranormal.

'Fuchsia the Mini-Witch' movie looks fantastic! I am a fantasy movie fanatic.

XO
Teresa
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

Jo said...

Cozy, dreamy, ethereal, all things a bedroom should be! Love yours!

Rhissanna said...

I'll have to see this film it does sound inspiring for decor. I share your feelings about what constitutes a witchy interior. Depends on what kind of witch you are. Which Witch, in fact(which is a brilliant kids book, if you ever find a copy.) I love how you pull all the influences together and I support everyone who wants to decorate their house to follow their heart. That's what makes it a home!
Thank you for visiting my doll blog and leaving such a sweet comment! :)

Cameron said...

Your space is always droolworthy!! I wish you could fly out here and decorate my studio...or bedroom...or gosh...anything you put your signature on would be awesome!

I have missed you! Thanks for keeping me close to your heart over the past months...I could tell you were whispering to the moon on my behalf...thank you!!:)

Hugs!

Sara ~Snövits äpple~ said...

Your bedroom looks so witchy and bohemical and it has that victorian feel to it. You could write an interior decoration book on this topic Jennifer, I really think you could.

Rachel Gallagher said...

Ooo I've not heard of Fuschia the Mini Witch before, I'm going to have to see if I can find that film now.

Your room as ever looks beautiful, I love your bed canopy.

A Magical Whimsy said...

Hi, Jenn
I did look on Youtube for those young witch movies and I was thoroughly delighted with watching them. The Worst Witch can be seen as a full movie, and only snippets can be seen of Fuchsia the Mini-Witch...but Oh! So much witchy fun and excitement.

Thank you for coming to share in the 'Hues of Oz' blog party.

XO
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

Vanessa said...

I am sooooo with you! Beyond awesome, I love your decor always. I grew up watching The Worst Witch on repeat!! Bwahahahaha ;)

Queenie Believe said...

You have a wonderful talent for interior design and decorating. Such a wonderful eye for creating an inviting space.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Sara ~Snövits äpple~ said...

Dear Jennifer, I wanted to say that if one day you are able to come to europe you are so welcome to visit me and stay with me here where I live. Nothing would make me happier than having you visit me. I hope this will come true one day!