Friday, April 11, 2014

Changes & The Boatman's Dream

Dear friends,

I'd like to thank everyone for your advice on my last (short-lived) blogpost.  I've decided to take it down as I want this to be a positive, happy, art-filled place, and that was an incredibly negative experience.

I took everyone's advice to heart, and tried to use my intuition and beliefs to guide what I wanted to do. I have to thank thank thank (many time over again)  Donna of Joyfully Donna who sort of shook some sense into me, very kindly though.  My shop wasn't reflecting who I am, or who I want to market to.  I am not competing with those crazy shops with fake reviews and outrageous claims because we aren't even marketing to the same people.

I want my Etsy shop to radiate love, whimsy, and positivity.  So it got a major makeover!  I don't want to work with the energies I was finding myself working with on a regular basis.  Tawdry business, love affairs, cheating, desperation, obsession.  Yucky feelings!  I want to work with happy people who want to feel good, and receive spiritual guidance!   

www.broomsticksandlace.etsy.com

This is the new shop!  As you can see I have taken a pseudonym for shop purposes, created a new banner, changed my philosophy and filled it with readings, more art, and spells for finding happiness and inner peace.  Prices for these services have been drastically lowered in order to be able to offer my services to more people, and the right people!  This is to be a truly spiritual and artful venture to me, and I finally feel RIGHT about my shop.  I am very happy to do this, and I thank you all for your wonderful support with my previous struggles.

As some of you may know I am working towards my Master's in Esoteric Religious Studies and European History.  Much of my studies were based in the psychology of religion and worked as a counsellor in my university's peer guidance group, as well as with the spiritual centre in my community.  I may be 21 but I am thoroughly experienced with mental illness as I have provided emergency counselling locally, as I live in a city with one of the highest rates of mental illness do to being near the 50th parallel latitude line (having a very dark and dreary winter) and having a heavy reliance on the local resources for jobs and livelihood.  This makes it all the more important to focus on joy and happiness in my business pursuits!  

Despite my knowledge and experience with mental illness and depression, it is important to me that I didn't become a pseudo-psychologist for people through my shop.  Sometimes my best advice for people should have been to see a trained professional, and go to therapy.  These clients were trying to change drastic things in their life with a novelty item purchase, and do to their desperation they were taking it out on me when a few herbs and candles didn't fix every issue they'd ever had. 

Anyway..

As you can also see, my blog got a makeover too!  Out with the old, in with the new.  Let me know what you all think!

Paint happened, and paint happened in a big way.

I'd like to introduce you to 'The Boatman's Dream'.


This is a piece that I reworked to fill with colour and vibrance.




Now in the shop with a couple other new updates!

Blessings,
Jennifer

11 comments:

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

I didn't know what had happened, but I can say that where you are going with all of this is brilliant!! I love it. You have always been a place of light and love in my perception!! love, V

Sacred Keep said...

Good that you have bounced back you have integrity and that is an important trait keep up your good work love your painting

... :) ...
Blessings

Prudence said...

Love the shiney new blog! I do believe this fab painting is
Your most magnificent!
Walk in light dear witch! xoDebi

Ms Misantropia said...

I love what you've done with the place, and I'm happy you've come out of this with a clear sense of direction and purpose! Best of luck

Sara ~Snövits äpple~ said...

Jennifer, what an interesting blog post, I really enjoyed reading this and you have some very wise things to say. I will come back and read your blog more tomorrow when i have more time. xx

Dena Miller said...

I am so happy that that happened to you! Sounds like you are going in a direction now that will bring you much more joy. Keep love and light in your heart and good things will follow♥
~Hugs,
Dena

Shell said...

Jennifer, I went back to read your earlier post. I'm glad you changed your etsy shop to reflect who you truly are!
I love the beautiful artwork you did on your door.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love your new painting. It is very whimsical!

Donna Patrice said...

I am soooo happy for you! xo I love your blog/Etsy shop makeover but most of all, I'm so happy you have found your path again and you can do what you love - helping others in a positive way! Big Happy Hugs!

Rachel Gallagher said...

Love your new look and your new attitude to your work, I think you're absolutely doing the right thing. :-)

Oh and in answer to your comment on my blog post. Yes! yes, yes yes I'd love to do an art swap with you. :-)

Not done one before so I'm not entirely sure how it goes but I'll send you an e-mail.

xx

Ms Misantropia said...

You won my giveaway! Please email me :)