Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A Canopy of Stars, Canadiana and An Upcoming Tea Party

Hi friends!

Ohhhh what a beautiful week it has been.  I've been busy as a bumble-bee, school work, work work, fun work!

I took a voyage to the lake and stayed in a wee cabin with my love!  Of course the bugs drove us out eventually but it was lovely all the same.

I received a package from New Zealand yesterday!

It is a canopy of starssssss!


The canopy has hand painted glow in the dark stars all over it.  I've hung it to cover my desk. They glow ever so slightly at night, and if you are underneath the canopy it is like being under the night sky.  


It comes from a beautiful Etsy shop called Stella Murals and it is such a magical piece!

A couple of new chairs were thrifted this week when I drove by a yard sale and randomly decided to stop.  I think they are so whimsical looking!



My parents recently purchased a retirement home, and are changing a few things around inside.  I've done some work there, painting rooms, washing windows, cleaning off shelves and got to keep the books that I took off the shelf.  I acquired a big stack of literature about Northern Ontario!  A pile of Canadiana books.  I just love Canadiana as you probably all know based on my obsession with Hudson's Bay Company.


And of course, as promised, a few of my outfits of the week!  I will be enlisting help soon to take non-mirror pictures, but here's just a taste of my recent wardrobe ;)


Thrifted skater skirt and Forever 21 off the shoulder blouse.


Forever 21 Peasant Dress.

My Mother-in-law (not really in law lol) loved this one and went and bought us both matching peasant tops after she saw me wearing it, she's so sweet!

And last but not least


I will of course be participating in A Fanciful Twist's annual Mad Tea Party.  Many gypsy plans ;)  See you on July 12!

Love from,
Jenn






12 comments:

Prudence said...

HOLD THE PHONE! Mother- In- Law? Did I miss something during the Polar Vortex of 2014?
Of course I love the outfits, specially peasant blouse!
Summer bugs ruin all the fun! Huge fire will send them away! !!
You have some splanning to do young witch!! xoxoDebi

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Probably what you don't want to hear.... but you are so adorable! I love your outfits. Forever 21 is a great store! Zara is inexpensive as well. Do you have that one yet? it's our new favorite. I love the chairs you found, they have so much character! I can't wait to see the canopy. I love books too. My genre obsession would be the southwest. We are really looking forward to this party. Have a magical day, Jennifer. xoxo

Laura said...

Love those tops! So cute!I'm going to check out that etsy shop. I love the chairs too. Can't wait for MTP! :-)
blessings
~*~

goddessof4 said...

You look so cute!!! I love the outfits!!! I just love forever 21 , I have found great dresses there!!!! Love the new canopy too!!! Blessings, Sara

Sacred Keep said...

I like your Buddha and altar cloth... and the peasant dress is just so cute...Amazing what you find in yard sales, (though here in Australia we call the garage sales...)I'm always finding stuff, my husband says "what have you found now?" and I say "yes but I gave away something yesterday" LOL
...:)...
blessings

Dena Miller said...

I love that Canopy Jennifer, I'll bet it looks amazing at night! I will see you at the Tea Party for sure♥

Ms Misantropia said...

I LOVE that canopy!

I can't wait to see your gypsy plans for the Mad Tea. I too am going in that direction :)

Rachel Gallagher said...

Oh wow that canopy looks gorgeous. :-)

I'm intrigued by you parents buying a retirement home. What are they going to do with it?

Have you been to see Maleficent yet? I'm going tonight, cannot wait! :-)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I came back to see if you had your star canopy up! I must of not had my glasses on! It's so pretty.

A Magical Whimsy said...

Have you read or watched 'The Mortal Instruments' books or the first movie! You could pass as Clarrisa/ Lily Collins sister. In fact, when I was younger, I could have passed for her sister too.

I love the outfits you are finding. Great finds!

I can't wait either for the Mad Tea Party! My fave time of year!

lots of love,
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

A Magical Whimsy said...

P.S.
Oh, and I adore the glow-in-the-dark star studded canopy. Awesome!

Donna Patrice said...

*gasp* That canopy of stars is just gorgeous!! It reminds me of the veil of stars in one of my stories! I am definitely going to check out the link to Stella Murals! xo