Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Boots, Hats, and Misty Day

Dear friends,

I seem to be turning this place into a bit of a fashion blog lately!

I've been shop shop shopping!  I finally feel as though I'm defining my personal style, and I know definitively what I like and dislike.  I think this may have to do with the 1970's and 60's being so on trend right now, along with kimonos, fringe, and long cardigans.  I seem to love everything in the shops at the moment which is hard on the wallet!

I can tell you this lady wears many hats…



Don't the berets all stacked up look a bit like pancakes?!



And many boots!


This pair is a little bit witchy and a little bit gypsy.


I've been so inspired since the last season of American Horror Story by the character Misty Day.  


Obsessed with Stevie, a Louisiana swamp witch dressed in fringe, kimonos, peasant skirts, lace up boots and top hats: This lady is my spirit animal.




Which leads to the purchase of more fringe and kimonos:




It's becoming a problem lol!

I will have to start posting outfit pictures, would anyone be interested in the blog becoming a bit more style centred?  I would love to share some of the outfits I wear.

Love and light,
Jenn




14 comments:

Prudence said...

I have discovered " American Hoor Story" as hard as a I try to look away...I don't, I've only watched the first season...I am a Jessica Lang fan...
60's & 70's. I lived it wore it, ....I like the flapper style and gypsy , bohemian , what ever moves me style!
Yes I would be amused to see what you are rocking these days! Of course!
Whoops...there goes the sun! we'll that was nice while it lasted! Huge Hugs! I have candles to blow out! xoxoDebi

Jen Ham said...

Ooh, those witchy boots! Love! Go for it Jenn! xoxo Jen

Laura said...

Love the boots! Misty Day was awesome!
blessings
~*~

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love the berets and the boots! Stevie Nicks is from here, but she moved away a few years ago. I love Fleetwood Mac and I love her individual work as well.

Dena Miller said...

Jennifer, I adore your style!!! Mine is very similar...gosh you have quite the hat collection!!! I would love to see you do style posts if you choose to share.

Bright Blessings,
Dena

Sacred Keep said...

I'm going to enjoy your fashion stories...I would like to see the style of clothes I once wore back in the "day" on someone who could wear anything and still look good

...:)...
blessings

Ms Misantropia said...

Me and Cinnamon man are big fans of AHS and we loved the last season! Misty Day and Stevie Nicks were hilarious :) Love that look too.

Rachel Gallagher said...

Yes! Post some outfit photos. :-)

Andi's English Attic said...

Boots and hats. Two of my favourite things to wear.

Sara ~Snövits äpple~ said...

I very much would enjoy seeing more pictures with the clothes you wear :)

Snd Jennifer, I am so much looking forward to the package from you. I know I will love it. That is so sweet of you to send me mail. I will send you your package very, very soon too. I wanted to write to you earlier and tell you how happy I am that you are sending me mail, but I have been pretty sick the last days. I am feeling better now.
xxxx

Shell said...

I have been seeing kimona's everywhere. Now I know why. Yes, I love too see some style posts. I am always intrigued and inspired by how others dress.

Conversations with the Muses said...

MORE PLEASE!!! Yes, yes, yes! I adore Stevie Nicks and have dressed in that style all my life. I don't worry about being "fashionable" Every so many years fashion comes around to my way of thinking. If it works for you and you look great in it then thats what to wear. I love all your pieces, especially the boots.
How fun!!!

A Magical Whimsy said...

I adore Misty's outfit! And I love hats and boots, and skirts too. I love the Steampunk Gothic style.
You have a lovely wardrobe of clothing.

XO
Teresa
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

Donna Patrice said...

How did I miss this post?!?! I LOVE your hats and boots - OH! The boots!! Stevie (and Fleetwood Mac) are some of my most favorite music from the 70s and 80s. And I just love Stevie...

Can't wait to see more pictures of you in your lovely new outfits!