Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Matryoshka's & Astronomy

Dear friends,

Merry tea party season to you all!  Spring sunshine makes me want to lay a quilt down on the grass and welcome the trolls and sprites to sit down with me for a cuppa!

Isn't this the sweetest little teapot and cup combination for one!  Would you believe my boyfriend picked it out!?  I giggled thinking of this big burly bearded man popping into the shop just to buy one floral teapot!


I wish thank Ms. Misantropia for the loveliest little package!  I won her giveaway recently and received these sweet little items in the post.  A sweet letter, a matryoshka bag (I will keep my oracle cards in), a handmade tag, a heart ornament...


And this fabulous and huggggeeee purple shawl!  I've placed my time turner in it, I think they just go together ;)



I have also completed the building of my doll house (do ignore the chimney, I thought it looked better that way LOL)!  It will soon be painted and the inside will be filled with sweet cakes, a tiny telescope, a bed of flowers?!  I am taking great inspiration from other people's doll houses.  Sara of Snovit's Apple has a beautiful fairy doll house, and I am very influenced by her woodland theme!


I have just begun classes for the summer session and am going to my first astronomy class this evening.   I must say I feel as though I am at Hogwarts taking an astronomy class, though I suppose astronomy is a muggle field of study too!  I do love the stars and planets, I hope this class enriches my love for the night's sky!

I hope everyone has a perfectly peculiar day!

www.afancifultwist.com

Love,
Jenn


15 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Jennifer, your first photo is gorgeous! The teapot is so pretty. What a wonderful birthday gift! I also love your gift win from Ms. Misantropia. And your doll house is magnificent, and I like the chimney tilted and whimsical. You have been so busy. Best wishes with your astronomy class!

Ms Misantropia said...

I'm so happy you liked your winnings! Also, that teapot is adorable :)

Heather said...

Such pretty little things! Love that tea pot, how sweet!~

Jen Ham said...

I absolutely love the teapot! Darling! Awesome win! Jenn! The dollhouse is just amazing! Wow! I loved Astronomy in my Uni days. Just loved it! Still do. I know you will as well! xoxo Jen

Rhissanna said...

That is a fabulous tea pot! Well done, that man! And what a parcel of wonderfulness from Ms Misantropia!As for the dollshouse, I love the crooked chimney! It gives the whole house a quaint and quirky appeal.I might join you in this dollshouse fun. I have a kit, somewhere, for when I have a quiet day. Thank you for your lovely comment on my doll blog.

Lola Enchanted said...

Wow, that doll house is pretty amazing!! :)

Prudence said...

Congrats to your young man! Perfect taste! ( beyond the perfect women) , nice winnings! Cards will be snug!...oh,,Astronomy ! nice you live in the great clear sky north!
And where did you get the most adorable magical house!
Chimney perfect! xoxoDebi

Dena Miller said...

The Teapot is absolutely Perfect!! Your Man has good taste!!! The goodies you received also look so magical...Yay, it is always exciting to receive prezzies in the mail. Enjoy♥
~Hugs,
Dena

Nadine A. said...

Oh I love the new blog look! Gah I have been gone for too long I am out of the loop. I love the tea pot and had a good giggle as I pictured my own bf, a big bearded burly man as well doing the same thing. Needless to say my fit of giggles got a raised eyebrow from him. I love the purple of the shawl so pretty and it does go perfect with the gold Time Turner.

Donna Patrice said...

Such a pretty teapot - what an awesome guy! And fun Mail-Love!

Also, I love your little puzzle house and I LOVE the way you put the chimney on! =) Thanks for the inspirational link - I'm checking out her blog now. My little house is done and the furniture is put together and painted...but it just needs something more magical.

Sara ~Snövits äpple~ said...

Oh, I can´t wait to see your dolls house as you work on decorating it. And I am so glad that you are inspired by my fairy dolls house. Your house is going to look amazing with a woodland theme with lots of things from nature. I can imagine that it will look lovely with crystals, twigs, moss, dried and pressed flowers and things like that in this dolls house. I have had a cold and a fever this week, so I got a bit late sending your package. Will send it very soon. xxx

Sara ~Snövits äpple~ said...

And thank you so much Jennifer for the lovely little videos, I really appreciate that. Oh, the fairy faith-video, it´s just amazing!! Magical and very interesting.

A Magical Whimsy said...

Oh! I love this post with so many magical and whimsical thoughts and goodies you shared.
About international things I can ship to Canada, yes, I can do that!
I know from our end, at U.S. Post Offices, I can mail an International Postal Money Order to purchase items. There is a cheaper way to mail parcels if it is sent listed as a 'gift' and the value at no more than $50. I evade the tariff and also whatever else it is they do at the borders. I believe our post office would accept an International Money Order from your Postal System. I'm trying to think of a way for you to pay for the 'Midnight Circus' through the postal system venue.
Here is my email address:
tscat@sbcglobal.net
if you wish to check on your end if that would work for you. I think it should as Canada is one of the countries where U.S. Postal Money orders are accepted so it should work in reverse too.

Let me know what you think!
And thank you so very much!
hugs,
Teresa
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

Sara ~Snövits äpple~ said...

Jennifer, how sweet of you to send me something. I am very much looking forward to receiving mail from you. Much love xxx

Sara ~Snövits äpple~ said...

Jennifer, how sweet of you to send me something. I am very much looking forward to receiving mail from you. Much love xxx