Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Roses and Rose Quartz

Dear friends,

I hope everyone had a magical Mother's Day.  

I have both a mother and a stepmother, and am very blessed with kind maternal people in my life.

I choose to also celebrate women in general on this day, including those that do not have biological children.

Women are nurturers, and caregivers; and though I do not have children yet I feel that I am motherly in spirit.

Aunts, wives, girlfriends, nurses, doctors, artists, teachers, and mothers of fur children are all nurturing, motherly women.

I received roses from my love this past weekend, a blessing and kind gesture.




Spring is a fertile time, a time to celebrate life, rebirth, regeneration.  I've hung butterflies around my bedroom in honour of life, and let's be honest butterflies are just lovely.


Thoroughly enjoying this magical candle.  It smells of cedar trees, fresh pears and sunflowers!


I've been collecting MASSIVE crystal specimens and thought I would share some of my collection.  Here is citrine:


Rose quartz:


And a beautiful piece of amethyst on a wooden base, it's larger than my head!  I believe this one should be called the King of the Crystals.


Love and blessings,
Jenn

11 comments:

Queenie Believe said...

The roses from your love are beautiful, what a lovely gifty!!
Your crystal collection is pretty amazing.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Laura said...

Those crystals are divine! Have a wonderful day!
blessings
~*~

Nadine A. said...

Your crystals are beautiful. The amethyst is amazing. The roses are lovely as well. You know its funny that you mentioned spring. Just the other day I deep cleaned my house top to bottom and could help but think it was like spring cleaning despite the fact that summer is literally at the door.

Sacred Keep said...

Those delightful crystals how gorgeous...and aren't rose just because the most precious?

...:)...
blessings

Prudence said...

Oh the gentle innocence of young love, as pure as the blushing roses your young man gifted you! Awe!

You SO belong in a different time and place, dear heart! I wish you a wonderful journey! xoDebi

goddessof4 said...

You have such a beautiful spirit!!! I collect crystals as well.We have so much in common.I only have one huge size quartz crystal .Hopefully I can find some more, would love an amethyst ( since that is my birthstone as well). Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!! Blessings,Sara

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Jennifer, your photos are so beautiful! That first one looks like a magazine. And I love what you had to share about your mothers; it's lovely and it shows. Have a beautiful week. xoxo

Shell said...

Jenn, I am in love with your crystals! They are so big. Citrine and Rose Quartz are my part of my top five crystals.

Rhissanna said...

Oh, those crystals are wonderful. Full of light and energy! And butterflies are for change and beauty, perfect for springtime. Thank you for your lovely comment on my doll blog. You're very kind!

Jen Ham said...

Oh Jenn! Gorgeous, gorgeous photos! I love everything you have said in this post! xoxo Jen

A Magical Whimsy said...

Oooo! Those are beautiful, huge, magical, crystals. I purchased some healing crystals from a gal in Arizona. One was shaped like a heart...I'll have to take a photo of them and share them on my blog.

XO
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/