Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Solstice Enchantments

Dear friends,

I hope everyone had a blessed and magical solstice!  I spent my time with some muggle friends and ate delicious food and had a delightful evening.

The old holidays are not to last just one day, they are meant to be more of a time period that is celebrated.

Summer solstice brings the longest day of the year, on which we celebrate the fertility of the summer crops, the brightness of the Sun god and the fairies and sprites that so often grace our realms at this time of the year.

I have decorated my fairy cave with leaves, flowers and lights to celebrate the solstice, and the blessings of the season of the year.


I have been sprucing things up a bit around here and thought I would share some views into my little world.




I was very blessed to see a mystical white spirit wolf on my journey home on Midsummer's Night.  Wolves as spirit animals signify freedom, intelligence and powerful instincts.  I believe this was a symbolic sighting, to trust my instincts and trust in who I am and what I want.

I have placed a wolf totem candle on my altar, representative of the stunning creature who decided to grace me with his presence a few nights ago.  My goodness how I wished I'd have gotten a picture!


I have also been so very blessed to receive a gift from my lovely friend Sara in Sweden, who writes the blog Snovits Apple.

Wrapped as though it is a woodland gift from the fairy queen Titania herself!


A sweet little fairy from Copenhagen



And a beautiful necklace of a tiny purse that holds the fairy queen's secrets!  Handmade by Sara.  Thank you Sara, you are one of the most magical people.  I send so much love to you!


I apologize if I have not made blog comments in a couple of days, is anyone else's blogger feed acting strangely?  It is only showing me one blog post!

Blessings and love,
Jennifer




11 comments:

Prudence said...

Perfect for international faerie day!
Love your lamps! Lucky you to e allowed to see the
Mystical wolf! Bee safe! Red Riding Hood!
xoDebi

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Your room is prettier and prettier! Happy Soltice to you, it sounds like it was wonderful for you. I love your fairy gift! It does looked wrapped by a fairy! How magical.

I have had a problem with the blogger feed as well. I've been using Bloglovin more.

Fairy of Inspiration said...

So beautiful pictures! Truly inspiring!

Sacred Keep said...

love your altar...how wonderful to see s wolf in the wild, magical
...:)...
blessings

Ms Misantropia said...

Such wonderful gifts from Scandinavia.

Up here we really celebrate Midsommar, with May poles, wreaths, singing, eating and drinking. Maybe you should visit some day :)

Andi's English Attic said...

Thank you for beautiful photos to lift our spirits.
Yes, blogger has only been showing one blog at a time. A bug apparently that Blogger is fixing. Mine was fixed this morning. Solstice blessings. xx

Nadine said...

I spent my solstice packing and painting. Can't wait til I can get back to my comp and show the pics to everyone. My blogger has been acting weird as well. I could only see one post on my dashboard. I sent feedback to google aboutnit though with a screen shot and it seems to have been fixed. *crossing fingers*

H.A. Blackthorn said...

I had the same problem with Blogger. So glad it's working again. Love your beautiful room!

Jen Ham said...

Your room is absolutely gorgeous! I love summer solstice! Fairies, long days, harvests... xo Jen

Shell said...

You seeing a white wolf is amazing. What a lovely gift from the Divine for the Solstice.
I love wolves. I always call on wolf when I feel I need extra protection.

goddessof4 said...

I just love everything in your room!!! When I visit you I remember to celebrate magic!!! I have so many books on magic,earth spells,fairy's etc!!!! Blessings,Sara