Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Folk Art Spell Bottles of Wishes and Dreams!

Dear friends,

I wish to share with you a project I have been putting my heart and soul into these days.

Inspired by imaginary ingredients in a witch's apothecary.  Things for wicked curses, delightful charms, and nasty hexes!

Folk Art spell bottles!

Essence of toad and black of cat.


Flowers of belladonna and some premium eye of newt, topped with a punkin baby!


Snake oil and witches brew!


Now I must be honest, unlike other snake oils, mine is completely legitimate!  That's a real snakeskin in there that I found on the island!


Oh a rare selection indeed in this apothecary!  Poison nettles, black raven tonic, witches secret elixir.
Witches tears, fairy dust (from Titania's Tea Party!) and scorpion venom,


One of my favourites is this jewelled and sparkled bottle of full moon elixir.  I let the shimmering liquid sit under our recent super moon so it is extra charged with magic!


Powdered spider web, spooky!


And this trio of nasty confections!


Adding a little sweetness to the spooky is this collection of little bottles filled with flowers and lavender from my sweet Swedish friend and sister under the moon Sara.


As you can see my potion ingredients are sparkly and spooky and a little bit sugary too!  Nothing too malevolent unless I'm provoked ;)

I am about half way through this project.  This was just a sneak peak!  

And for another sneak peak…. I am in the process of creating real spell bottles too.  Blessed by a true magickal practitioner.  

This is a love spell bottle I made.  Filled with rose petals, orris root, and a tiny scroll love spell inside.  Sealed with a rose quartz and wrapped with a pink glittery ribbon and a pentagram.

This will be appearing on Etsy in the coming weeks!


Blessings and love,
Jenn



18 comments:

Joanna DeVoe said...

Oh my gosh! This is so much FUN.

⚡️ Ms. Ladyfair ⚡️ said...

Omg so cute! I love the little trinkets. I was madly obsessed with apothecary jars a few years back, it drove my folks crazy lol.

Prudence said...

I love watching you bloom! Fantastic Young Witch!
Standing Ovation! xoDebi

Nicole Platania said...

How do you create your labels? They are really fun!

goddessof4 said...

Those are super cool and very creative!! Blessings,Sara

Dena Miller said...

Jennifer, you are so wonderfully creative!!! I adore your terminology of the moon water as "moon Elixir"..oh so lovely!!! and your Love spell bottle is simply wonderful!!!
Blessings Dear Friend.
Dena

Ms Misantropia said...

Love all of these, especially the one with the spider and the pumpkin - very Halloweenie!

Heather said...

Sparkly, spooky and sugary! Now those are my kind of spells! :) I love seeing all your creations, gets me in the mood for fall-- my favorite season! Love the pumpkin topper!

Hilary said...

I've been working on mine all week long. Yours are so pretty. I love them :)

Magaly Guerrero said...

Oh my! These beauties put my heart so close to Halloween. I can barely wait. ;-D

Laura Morrigan said...

what beautiful bottles! Great work!

Shell said...

Your magical bottles are so cool. I can't wait to see the delights you will have in your etsy shop.

Nadine said...

Everything is so beautiful! Makes me want to get up and get creative. I am curious if you don't mind my asking. What tarot deck is that, that the little bottles of flowers and lavender are sitting on.

linnea-maria said...

Lovely bottles and jars!!
I'll give you another great tip for filler in a jar. Bat wings! Oh not real ones of course. I use leaves from Lamb Ears (Stachys byzantina), clip them in the shape of bat wings. Dry and then spraypaint them black.

Jen Ham said...

Ah...Jen...these are beautiful potion bottles! I love anything to do with witchcraft! I am reading a book about witchery right now. LOVE this post! xo Jen

Rachel Gallagher said...

I think our thoughts are in tune, I've been thinking about spell bottles and things. Your bottles are so lovely and creative, I love them.

Saija said...

Oh, what a lovely and magical atmosphere ★

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Jennifer, I really love the festiveness! It's so pretty. It's like I walked into the woods and visited your cottage. xoxo