Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Halloween Shopping Guide Part 4: Dressing Like A Witch

Dear friends,

Welcome to the last part of my Halloween shopping guide!

Dressing like a witch, an enchantress, a fortuneteller, a mystic, a faery…  Ok I certainly don't reserve any of that for Halloween alone.

While I certainly can not sum up all of my favourite places to shop and buy clothing and accessories in one post, I thought I might mention a few of my favourites.

I discovered Holy Clothing through Laura at Roses and Vellum and immediately had to check them out.  They have very unique pieces and I buy a lot of my dresses and blouses from them.  Fairly good prices and they make up to a size 5x for plus sized ladies.

However, I have to mention the bad with the good when mentioning any company.  I have had issues with the sizing.  After purchasing multiple sizes I have concluded I am a size medium.  If you carry your weight in your bust or arms prepare to size up, and if you are pear-shaped you can take your regular size as many of their pieces are free in the hips.

Many pieces on this site also come in only size large and above, so it is not the best for smaller ladies.


I love to wear kimonos, shawls, maxi skirts and dresses, gladiator sandals, lace up boots, corsets, lace, velvet and anything with flowing sleeves.  Forever 21 and similar stores have a lot of options for these, and I buy a lot of things on Ebay and in thrift stores.


I adore wearing all sorts of jewels and medallions.  I am rarely without an amulet or two.  I buy many of my pieces from Ebay.  


I am addicted to the company Silver Insanity for purchasing my rings.  Amazing pieces for fair prices; with many more mystical options.  The Etsy shop Lotus Fairy is where I have purchased many of my occult theme pieces like my tarot and ouija rings.


I absolutely adore earthy inspired tones and textures.  Leathers, suedes, fringe and Native American designs.  This bag was purchased vintage and my boots are by Minnetonka Moccasins.


I hope you enjoyed a sneak peak into my sense of style and favourite shopping destinations.  I am so inspired by the forest, Mori girl style, famous witches, Medieval and Victorian eras and all things mystical and magical.

Have a beautiful week!

Love from,
Jenn


11 comments:

Nicole said...

Thank you Jennifer for sharing where you shop! I love finding great pieces at thrift stores, as it is my main haunt for witchy clothes. I have not tried Holy Clothing but have seen a few things I'd like to buy!

⚡ Ms. Ladyfair ⚡️ said...

Oh my gosh I love your boots. I found a dress on Holy clothing a while back that I adore but I have no spending money right now, it better be there when I'm ready lol.

Debi said...

Love your choices, I must ask though.....do you enjoy ironing? Hudson Bay blanket time! xoDebi

Laura Morrigan said...

You look amazing! I am glad you like HolyClothing! If you are having trouble with sizes the clothes should all have individual measurments below the info.

I love your style and all your rings and medallions! I hope to see more of your style in the future as I find it inspiring!

I love rings but never wear them because I get frustrated by having too many things on my fingers or arms.

Laura Morrigan said...

Oh and I JUST realised you have the exact same poison ring I used to have that I sold to my friend recently! Mine had the small purple amethyst too, my boyfriend had one with a larger, clearer stone and I saw a yellow one in the store.

Rachel Gallagher said...

You always look gorgeous Jenn, would totally love to raid your wardrobe! ;-)

Lola Enchanted said...

Oh my goodness..... YOUR RINGS!!!!
LOVE!!

Joanna DeVoe said...

Okay now... you KNOW I love this!!!! :0D

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Spectacular clothing!

goddessof4 said...

I LOVE your rings!!! I have just started wearing chunky rings again and I need to purchase more!!! Blessings,sara

Jeanie said...

Wow! You Halloween party is spectacular and you look fabulous! I loved every single photo!

(And also your movie post!)

Thanks for popping by my party at The Marmelade Gypsy -- it's such a fun time of year!