Friday, December 12, 2014

Happy St. Lucia Day ~ Audrey Eclectic St. Lucia Blog Procession

Happy St. Lucia Day friends!

As a dweller of the Northern Woods, I adore all that this Scandinavian holiday stands for.  It is the Festival of light, a time to celebrate the nights knowing that soon the days will be longer once more.

Of course it is also a time to celebrate the days, no matter how short they are, and the beautiful season of Winter where all is quiet and peaceful for a short time.


Here in the northern part of Canada we also have dark cold winters, with frosted trees and dark nights.



As night approaches we are peaceful and merry, because we know that the dark season will soon pass. My dear pup Remington is a true King of winter, always frolicking in the snow no matter how cold or dark it is.



And as the nights turn dark, we light our homes with candles and stars, to remind us that even through the darkest night there is light, hope, and joy.


Happy St. Lucia Day and God Jul!

Thank you to Heather for hosting this sweet and cozy blog procession.  I loved writing this post.  Hop over to her blog Audrey Eclectic for more processions and post about St. Lucia Day and a Scandinavian Christmas.

My love and blessings,
Jennifer

16 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Beautiful, Jennifer, and gorgeous, gorgeous photos. xoox I love this day.

Bona Dea said...

Beautiful written and lovely photos!
I also (as all Swedes) celebrated Lucia yesterday! Marry holiday! :3

Bona Dea said...

This will maybe sound wierd.. but can´t you do a little post about how you style your hair and how you treat it? because it´s so lovely!

Winnie Nielsen said...

Jennifer, I am hopping over from Heather's St. Lucia Procession. I loved your blog post and all of the beautiful photos of where you live. I hope you have a wonderful celebration today and enjoy some scandinavian treats!!

Heather said...

Happy St. Lucia Day! You live in a lovely winter wonderland for sure! I love your lighted star. So beautiful! Sending you St. Lucia Day Blessings! :D

Debi said...

Beautiful Photography and such a romantic idea of winter!
Keep your Joy dearest one!
xoDebi

Dena Miller said...

Just Beautiful Jennifer!!!! I especially love the photograph of you!
Much Love,
Dena

Danzel @Silver Shoes and Rabbit Holes said...

This is such a gorgeous post! Happy Lucia Day. I love your snowy outdoors and your beautiful indoor star.

Laura Morrigan said...

I would love to be in a snowy country celebrating St Lucia day!

Ms Misantropia said...

Glad Lucia to you to Jennifer! I didn't know about this blog party(?) but I'm heading right over now.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm usually at war with the cold, but for some reason I'm really envying your snowy grounds right now. Maybe I'm feverish...

I'm a tad late, but Happiest St. Lucia Day, anyway!

Apseed I said...

Happy St. Lucia Day!

Lisa said...

Your photos are very nice.

Joanna DeVoe said...

Love this! Beautiful pics...

Jen Ham said...

I love Saint Lucia day! Incredibly beautiful everything dearie! Mother Nature is a wonder where you live. Just wow! xoxoxo Jen

linnea-maria said...

God Jul Jennifer! :-)